Job Duties – The College of Education seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for future, part-time Adjunct Faculty appointments in Educational Administration. Successful applicants may teach up to nine (9) semester credit hours with the required discipline at on campus sites, or online, as dictated by program, course schedule, and student demand; hold office hours; and assist students as needed.
Required Qualifications –
- For an Adjunct Faculty appointment teaching graduate courses, an earned doctorate in the discipline or closely related field with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the discipline.
- Three or more years administrative experience.
Preferred Qualifications –
- Previous teaching experience at the collegiate level.
- Experience with online course delivery.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities –
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with the general public.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under stress and with pressing timelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Other Information –
- Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary appointments, assigned per semester and on an as-needed basis.
- These temporary appointments are for the 2017‐2018 academic year.
- Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position(s) is filled.
- Completed employment application must include a letter of interest addressing qualifications, curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts, and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references.
- The above job duties may not be performed in every Adjunct Faculty position and may not include all related duties that might be performed.