UW-Superior is committed to making excellence inclusive in every aspect of the institution. Diversity, inclusion and equity are prioritized learning resources for all community members. We strive to offer quality programs in an environment of trust and cooperation that centers on the worth of all individuals. The University is seeking candidates who will contribute to the achievement of this goal.
POSITION: Adjunct Senior Lecturers, Department of Educational Leadership
DUTIES: Teach assigned graduate course(s) in online delivery format in the Master of Science-Instruction in Educational Leadership; assess student learning; attend online Program and Instructor Professional Development meetings with other faculty; and assist in preparing course materials for online delivery.
Courses such as: Current Developments in Learning, Using Assessment to Inform Practice, Trends in Instructional Practices, Research Foundations, Educational Research Project, and other courses as needed.
1. Specialist or Doctoral degree in Curriculum and Instruction or a related field,
2. Professional experiences in teaching and assessment of student learning,
3. Prior teaching experiences at the undergraduate or graduate levels.
1. Prior online university teaching experience
2. Experience in teaching in accelerated format (7-8 week format)
3. Course and material development for online teaching in related topics
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission and to quality teaching and learning methods. Experience and interest in utilizing technology in the online classroom strongly preferred. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. Candidates that incorporate issues of inclusive excellence and diversity within their curriculum are especially encouraged to apply.
SALARY: Adjunct rate
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
For additional information visit www.uwsuper.edu or contact (715) 394-8207
Review of applications will continue until all courses are filled. All applications will remain in the adjunct pool and may be considered for future course openings.
Please apply online at UW-Careers ( http://www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment/career-gateway.cfm) and submit your application packet that is
Please e-mail the application materials to Bconsta1@uwsuper.edu, including:
1. Cover letter, including a statement of experiences in teaching, both online and on campus settings, and courses taught; interest in teaching online; and availability;
2. CV or resume;
3. Unofficial graduate and undergraduate transcripts from accredited Universities;
4. Past teaching evaluations, if any, or other evidence of teaching effectiveness;
5. Contact information for three professional references.
If you have questions in regards to the hiring process, please contact Ms. Beth Hebert at (715) 394-8487 or by email at BConsta1@uwsuper.edu
Internal applicants: select the internal applicant link. Registration for account not required.
External applicants: select the external applicant link and register for an account:
How to Register for a UW-Careers Account:
1. To register for a UW-Careers account, click on the ¿click here to Register¿ link to create your user name and password.
2. Search for the Adjunct Lecturer/Sr. Lecturer (Department of Educational Leadership) position and click on the Apply Now button to submit a resume.
o At this time, you will be asked to complete your profile. Please select Save to continue the application process.
3. To submit your letter of application, unofficial transcripts, etc., you must add the document as an attachment by clicking on the Add Attachment link below the Cover Letters and Attachments box.
4. Clicking on the Next link, please complete the required Online Questionnaire.
5. After the Online Questionnaire has been completed, click Next again to provide contact information for three professional references, if required, in the References section by selecting the Add Reference link.
6. Once reference information has been listed, click on Next to complete the How did you find out about the position? section of the application process.
7. Once you have completed all sections, click on the Save button and then Submit button to submit your materials.
At any time you may select the Save button to save your progress. When you have submitted your application, ability to change materials submitted will not be available.
UW-Superior: A Special Place:
The University of Wisconsin-Superior is Wisconsin’s leading public liberal arts college. Established in 1893 with a mission to train teachers, it later became a part of the University of Wisconsin-System, and in 1998 was designated as Wisconsin’s Leading Public Liberal Arts College by the University of Wisconsin System Board of regents. The University serves 2,900 traditional and non-traditional students and is dedicated to the integration of liberal and professional studies and serving a diverse student population. UW-Superior maintains the values of its founding as a teacher education college through emphasis on excellence in teaching as well as service to the community and region. The core mission is student-centered and values oriented, as the institution fosters intellectual growth and career preparation within a liberal arts tradition that emphasizes individual attention and embodies respect for diverse cultures and multiple voices. The richness of programs lend to a very personalized educational environment that integrates theory and practice, liberal and professional education, teaching, scholarship, and creativity. The University has launched a significant campus-wide Liberal Arts Initiative that includes a First Year Experience, Academic Service Learning, Global Awareness, Writing Across the Curriculum, and a Senior Year Experience. At UW-Superior, we promote the values of academic excellence, integrity, and community within a collegial environment. At the core of our values is the appreciation for, and examination of, diversity, inclusivity, and equity. UW-Superior offers day, evening, weekend, and distance learning classes.
The names of nominees and applicants who have not requested in writing that their identities be kept confidential, and of all finalists, will be released upon request.
The University reserves the right to check additional references with notice given to the candidates at the appropriate time in the process.
Employment will require a criminal background check. A pending criminal charge or conviction will not necessarily disqualify an applicant. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
Employment is subject to federal laws that require verification of identity and legal right to work in the United States as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act.
For UW-Superior campus safety information and crime statistics/Annual Security Report, see www.uwsuper.edu/safety/clery or contact the Office of Campus Safety at (715) 394-8114 for a printed copy.
UW-Superior is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator