The Assistant Director of External and Global Programs in the College of Education is responsible for working with the Director to manage the promotion of College of Education programs to external audiences. The Assistant Director will cultivate business-to-business partnerships directed at school districts and agencies; liaise with a variety of external constituencies and assist in the negotiation of contracts for credit and non-credit programs; collaborate with College of Education administrative personnel, including department chairs, advisors, and program coordinators, regarding programming and contracts; in collaboration with the College of Education Student Services office, the Graduate School and department graduate advisors, represent the College of Education at off-campus student recruitment fairs and participate in College of Education graduate and undergraduate student recruitment strategy development.
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities include student recruitment; building relationships with external partners including community colleges, educational service centers, regional offices of education, school districts, agencies, associations, select business and industries and universities; program support; and program development. The position will assist the director of external and global programs with all operational needs.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
1. High school graduation or equivalent
2. Any one or any combination of the following, totaling three years (36 months), from the categories below:
A. College course work in any field.
- semester hours equals 1 year (12 months)
- 90 semester hours equals 2 years (24 months)
- 20 semester hours or more equals 3 years (36 months)
B. Progressively more responsible work experience in supervising, organizing, coordinating or other significant work with specific educational or administrative program initiatives.
3. Two (2) years of responsible experience in supervising, organizing, coordinating or other significant work with specific educational or administrative program initiatives.
4. Demonstrated work experience in the Promotion and Marketing of Academic Programs in a higher education environment.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Graduate Degree in education or related area
- Experience with credit and non-credit program development at the graduate and undergraduate level
- Experience building relationships between organizations
- Experience with graduate student recruitment
- Experience nurturing partnership opportunities
Required Applicant Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- List of References
Optional Applicant Documents
- Transcripts (unofficial with official required at hire)
- Transcripts #2 (unofficial with official required at hire)
- Transcripts #3 (unofficial with official required at hire)
Note: If you do not have the work experience required for this position, you MUST upload your transcripts to your application for full consideration. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable at the time of application.
Please submit application and documents through the NIU online employment system at https://employment.niu.edu/postings/36177