Job Number: 19FAC958-1
The Department of Education at Dixie State University (DSU) in St. George, Utah, invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor, with an emphasis in Elementary Education Science, to begin Fall Semester 2019. The Education Department prepares its candidates to be outstanding teachers within diverse and changing communities through the integration of leadership, scholarship, reflection, and community partnerships. More information about the department and its programs can be found online at https://education.dixie.edu/.
- Teach Elementary Education courses in the Department of Education, with a focus on Elementary Science
- Provide regular institutional service as outlined in Regent and University policy
- Teach general pedagogy courses
- Assist in the development of new curriculum and programs
- Assist in meeting requirements of national accreditation, as well as state and national Department of Education teacher education standards
- Work with the local school district personnel to ensure the DSU Elementary Education program successfully prepares students to teach at the elementary level
- Supervise and mentor DSU students in field experience settings
- Fulfill faculty responsibilities including holding office hours, advising students, attending faculty and other DSU meetings, and serving on university, college, and department committees
- Adhere to department, college, and university policies
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or Dean
- Doctorate degree in Teacher Education, Elementary Education, or related field, with an expertise in Elementary Education Science required
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience teaching students in grades K-6 preferred
- Demonstrated ability in successful teaching; finalists will be required to demonstrate competence through a teaching demonstration.
- Demonstrated ability and interest in creative, unique, and effective approaches to teacher education
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both orally and in writing
- Good organization and time management skills
- Candidates must have excellent knowledge and skills with technology, including online instruction
CONTRACT: CONTRACT: Full-time (9-month) tenure-track faculty position, starting Fall Semester 2019. Pay & benefits start July 1, 2019. Annual salary of $51,000+ for Assistant Professor and $57,000+ for Associate Professor, depending on qualifications & experience; additional compensation available for summer/overload teaching. Excellent benefits package included – see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under “Example of DSU Benefits” for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins October 1, 2018; position open until filled. Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references (including email addresses), transcripts, and a Student Success Statement (approximately one page, single-spaced, about their teaching or other experience, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population). Please upload all of the requested documents when you submit your application. Employment is contingent upon successful completion and certification of required degrees and upon successfully passing a background check. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520.