Bellevue University offers quality liberal arts and career-oriented programs at undergraduate and graduate levels to a diverse student body through in-class and online venues. We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. We are currently accepting applications for an open position in the College of Arts and Sciences- Assistant Professor in our CACREP accredited Clinical Counseling program.
Specific requirements for this position include:
- A deep commitment to training clinical counseling students
- A teaching load of at least 27 credit hours per year, inclusive of summer assignments
- Communication with site supervisors for internship and supervising/monitoring students in internship seminars
- Coordination of student placement at internship sites
- Providing consistent (weekly) individual and group supervision to students in internship
- Attendance at bi-weekly faculty meeting and monthly college meetings
- Capability to teach in different formats at different times (evening, on-line, residential, etc.)
- Advise assigned students regarding course sequence and content in coordination with academic advisors
- Support various campus activities
- Doctorate in Counselor Education and Supervision/Counseling, preferably from a CACREP accredited program or Doctorate in Counseling Psychology or closely related field
- Licensed or licensed eligible as a Licensed Independent Mental Health Professional (LIMHP) in the State of Nebraska
- Commitment to the field of clinical counseling as evidenced by educational background, publications in peer-reviewed journals, community service, experience or professional affiliation, conference attendance etc.
- Must demonstrate evidence of successful teaching experience
- Preferably knowledgeable about NE resources and able to build rapport with internship supervisors across the country
- Experience with residential and online teaching platforms and/or online teaching experience preferred (Blackboard, Adobe Connect, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to build successful relationships with diverse student populations
In addition to the online application, please attach:
- A letter of application
- Contact Information for three references
- Unofficial Graduate Transcripts
Bellevue University, the largest private, non-profit university in Nebraska, is located just south of Omaha and is part of a vibrant and prosperous metropolitan area of nearly one million residents. Forbes has ranked Omaha as the nation’s most affordable place to live (2011), one of the top ten fastest growing cities in America (2010), and one of the best places for business and careers in America (2010). We emphasize teaching excellence, cyber-active learning, and interactive education. Benefits (health, dental, vision, tuition, etc.) are available with this position.
For more information, check out our home page at http://www.bellevue.edu.
Bellevue University prepares (1) an Annual Security Report to comply with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act; (2) a Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program (DAAPP) Disclosure to comply with the Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act; and (3) and Consumer Information to comply with the Higher Education Opportunity Act. In addition to this, Bellevue University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All prospective employees may obtain a copy by clicking the preceding links or by requesting copies from the Dean of Students office by calling 402-557-7028 or emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.