The Department of Psychological Science and Counseling at Austin Peay State University seeks to fill a tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the area of Counselor Education beginning August 2017.
The Counseling Program has a counseling lab with rooms for individual and group counseling practice suites and state-of-the-art digital recording and monitoring equipment. In addition, the University has funding opportunities to help support research and teaching equipment expenses. For more information about the department, visit www.apsu.edu/mscounseling.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education.
- A doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP-accredited program
- A minimum of two (2) years’ post-doctoral, full-time, graduate level teaching experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ clinical experience in mental health setting(s).
- Licensed or license-eligible as a professional counselor in Tennessee.
- Experience with advising, practicum, internship & clinical supervision.
- Background or expertise in addictions counseling and addictions recovery.
- Strong multicultural background and understanding.
- Experience with online and other technology-assisted instruction and familiarity with CACREP accreditation standards and self-study are desirable.
- University and community service, and proven scholarly and creative activity are also expected.
- A background search will be required of the successful applicant.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicant review will continue until the position is filled.
Please refer all questions to email@example.com
Applications taken ONLINE ONLY at http://www.apsu.edu/human-resources
IT IS A CLASS A MISDEMEANOR TO MISREPRESENT ACADEMIC CREDENTIALS
Austin Peay State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other legally protected class with respect to all employment, programs and activities sponsored by APSU. Inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies should be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at firstname.lastname@example.org.