Department: The Department of Counselor Education (CACREP accredited) offers four master’s level programs with emphasis in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, Family Counseling, School Counseling, and Rehabilitation Counseling.
- An earned doctorate in Counselor Education from a CACREP-accredited program,
- established Counselor Educator identity,
- professional counselor licensure or eligibility for licensure in the state of Illinois,
- demonstrate experience in diverse settings and with individuals with diverse backgrounds,
- evidence of effective teaching at the graduate level, and
- evidence of research and scholarship productivity
- Experience in school counseling,
- ability to teach across core counseling courses, and
- service in the counseling profession
Responsibilities: The position requires the ability to teach the breadth of an entire M.A. Counseling curriculum. The person hired for this position will play an important role in providing leadership to the school counseling program both locally and state-wide. Teaching, research, and service are expectations. Field supervision and advisement of candidates may be included in faculty duties.
Deadline: Screening will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply: Please send letter of application, CV, graduate transcripts, and the names of three references (including telephone numbers and e-mail) to:
Dr. Shedeh Tavakoli, Chair
Department of Counselor Education
Northeastern Illinois University
5500 North St. Louis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60625