The College of Education at Austin Peay State University provides teacher training in an environment that provides opportunities for students and faculty to work and learn together. Small classes provide opportunities for students and faculty to establish relationships that will last throughout a student’s academic career. Teaching and advising are valued skills and weighed equally with research in the evaluation process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level Early Childhood courses.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate level methods courses.
- Supervise clinical teachers.
- Advise graduate and undergraduate students.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Doctorate in early childhood education, elementary education, curriculum and instruction, or closely related field, with evidence of major focus in early childhood education required.
- A minimum of three years teaching experience in grades K-12, preferably in kindergarten through fourth grade (EC-4) classrooms is required.
- Record of teaching and research in Pre-K is required.
- Successful candidate will possess evidence of excellence in teaching, potential for scholarly research, achievement in professional endeavor, interpersonal skills, sensitivity to diversity, and ability to relate to local constituencies.
- A background search will be required of the successful candidate.