The Department of Early Childhood Education is seeking a full-time faculty member to teach early childhood education undergraduate courses beginning in September 2018. Mitchell College is only one of five colleges in the state of Connecticut that is sanctioned to offer the Connecticut Department of Education #113 Integrated Early Childhood/Special Education, Nursery-K-Elementary, 1-3 certification. Additional responsibilities include assisting with program review and revision, compliance with CAEP, state regulations and guidelines, assisting in supporting teacher candidates in all aspects edTPA, student advising, curriculum development, program development, and new course development.
Required Education and Experience:
• Academic credentials
Preferred: Doctorate in the field of Early Childhood Education from an accredited institution. Required: Master in the field of Early Childhood Education with five years of teaching/work experience in an early childhood school setting.
• Work experience
• Five years of successful teaching at the college level.
• Three years of successful teaching in an early childhood school setting.
PREFERRED LEADERSHIP ABILITIES:
The preferred candidate will have demonstrated:
•Successful recruitment and retention abilities and experiences of a diverse, non-traditional and first-generation student.
• Successful experiences in state and/or national accreditation.
• Abilities to identify, develop, and maintain meaningful relationships with key stakeholders within the college community and greater region.
• Success in grant writing and fundraising.
• Data-driven decision-making abilities and experience.
Title/Rank will be assigned on the applicant’s educational background and applicable experience. Faculty at Mitchell are appointed on a 10/12 –month academic year calendar, are FLSA exempt and represented by the AFT Local 3249 collective bargaining unit.
For further information regarding our application procedures, you may visit http://mitchell.edu/careers/.