The School of Learning and Teaching is committed to advancing diversity, inclusion, and equity in all areas of faculty effort, including instruction, scholarship.
The ideal candidate will act as a generalist but may have a field of concentration in either literacy, special education, or STEM. They will teach both undergraduate and graduate coursework. Some evening and weekend teaching, online teaching, and travel will be required. Summer teaching is available. Pacific University recognizes that each employee makes a unique and significant contribution to our success; therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and scope of the role, but will not limit the incumbent or the University to just those items listed below:
Teach within and across undergraduate and graduate programs with an equity lens
Demonstrate strong instructional technology skills and experience in distance learning with the ability to teach across different modalities (face-to-face, blended, online – synchronously and asynchronously)
Lead the development and integration of EdTPA within the School of Learning and Teaching curriculums
Collaborate and coordinate with colleagues in instructional delivery
1. Participate in campus, School, and College faculty meetings
2. Maintain office hours and timely communications with students
3. Perform other reasonable duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or Doctoral degree (PhD / EdD) or ABD in Education
- Documented experience in online and distance education
- Demonstrated experience in EdTPA
- Demonstrated commitment to, and experience with, working in a culturally, ethnically, and linguistically diverse setting
- Knowledge of best practices in the area of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- A current or recently expired teaching license in one of the teacher preparation areas offered within the School of Learning and Teaching
- A minimum of three years P-12 teaching experience in a diverse work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with in-service and pre-service teachers preferred
- Ability to work collegially, constructively, and effectively with a variety of stakeholders, groups, and individuals, as well as the ability to work independently
- Ability to travel to relevant school districts and other settings to support SLT initiatives
- Credentials and/or experience substantially comparable to the above may also be considered.
To apply, please provide: a letter of interest responsive to the job description; current CV; statement of teaching philosophy (max. 2 pages); transcripts; and contact information for three professional references. These should be saved as a SINGLE PDF document labelled with your first initial and last name [e.g., application_jdsmith] and submitted by email to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin July 16, 2018 with campus visits occurring early August. The anticipated start date is August 15, 2018. Position will remain open until filled.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Normal Office Environment
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Director, School of Learning and Teaching, Eugene.
DISCOVER PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
Pacific University achieves educational excellence by being committed and responsible to achieving diversity, equity and inclusion within leadership, staff, and the student body.
Pacific University is a small but diverse community, where students thrive in a personal academic environment. Tracing its roots back to 1849, when it began as a school for orphans of the Oregon Trail, Pacific has long been devoted to making a difference in people’s lives. Nestled in the valley at the base of the coastal range and Mount Hood, the university is 60 minutes to the Portland city center.
Today, students study in a unique combination of undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in the liberal arts and sciences, optometry, education, health professions, and business. Pacific University has campuses in Forest Grove, Hillsboro, Eugene, and Woodburn, OR, as well as an office in Honolulu, HI. In addition, a variety of Pacific University clinics throughout the Portland area serve patients and provide students with practical experience.
At Pacific University, students and faculty engage in discovery through close, nurturing relationships that provide extraordinary learning experiences. International study, service learning, internships and co-curricular activities have been integral parts of the education of nearly 25,000 alumni worldwide who share in the Boxer spirit.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION POLICY: It is the policy of Pacific University not to discriminate on the basis of sex, disability, race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, religious preference or disabled veteran or Vietnam ERA status in admission and access to, or treatment in employment, educational programs or activities as required by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and their implementing regulations.
2043 College Way
Forest Grove, OR 97116