The School of Education at Florida Southern College invites candidates to apply for the tenure seeking position of Assistant Professor of Education. The appointment begins fall 2017.
The School of Education is a state of Florida approved undergraduate degree program consisting of 8 state approved undergraduate programs, three graduate and two doctoral degrees. All degree programs include topics covering curriculum, assessment, professional development, and policy and program analysis.
This position will work with students across multiple degree programs including clinical study courses.
The Professor will be expected to:
- Teach subject areas including, but not limited to, issues in education, educational assessment, professional development, policy, program analysis, and others
- Advise prospective and active students
- Serve on college-wide and department committees
- Serve on dissertation committees
- Perform departmental and institutional service
- Demonstrate scholarly activity in accordance with the rank of the position
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Education
- Earned doctorate in Education from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 to 5 years successful teaching experience at a college/university
- Evidence of successful scholarship