Our teacher education program provides candidates with field experience throughout their program, from the moment they declare interest in the teaching profession. We offer undergraduate, Master’s, CAGS, and doctoral programs in education and a growing number of certification programs. This position requires specific subject knowledge in the area of Special Education.
*Anticipated opening for Fall 2017 pending budget approval by the Board.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Teaching undergraduate, general education and special education courses.
- Supervising clinical and student teaching experiences.
- Advising education majors, and serving and participating in department and campus committee work.
- Teaching across disciplines.
- Commitment to a liberal arts education within an academically and culturally diverse college student population.
- Ability to work with students of varying educational needs.
- Desire to develop areas of scholarship.
- EdD, PhD in Education or doctorate in related field.
- Special Education experience and knowledge.
- Documented evidence of successful teaching ability in the targeted areas.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of effective and innovative pedagogy.
- Experience in teaching in public elementary or secondary schools as well as at the collegiate level.
- Supervision experience over colleagues or pre-service educators.
To apply, please click here.
Review of application materials begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.