Gwynedd Mercy University, a comprehensive independent Catholic University of 2600 students located in Montgomery County Pennsylvania, seeks to fill a full-time faculty position in Counselor Education in the area of School Counseling for the School of Graduate and Professional Studies.
Teaching in Gwynedd Mercy University’s online master’s school counseling program, curriculum and course development, involvement in program quality assurance activities, supervision and mentoring of graduate students and assigned adjunct faculty and scholarly/University service activities.
- Earned doctorate in Counselor Education, Counseling or related discipline.
- Candidates from CACREP approved programs preferred.
- Experience teaching on the graduate level.
- Experience with online education and knowledge of Blackboard or an equivalent online instructional software.
- Certification as a school counselor preferred as is experience as a school counselor.
- Knowledge of PDE school counseling certification regulations, CACREP standards, the ASCA National Model and the ASCA counselor competencies.
- Candidates should submit evidence of research and scholarship, service and leadership and commitment to the University Mission.
- The University strongly encourages applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit letters of application, vita, evidence of research and scholarship and the names of three references with contact information.