Job Description Summary
The Counselor Education program area includes four CACREP accredited programs. This includes degrees in Rehabilitation Counseling, School Counseling, Clinical Mental Health Counseling, and a doctoral program in Counselor Education. In addition, the department houses programs in Counseling Psychology (APA approved), and Special Education. The current position would include contributing to the counseling programs, across disciplines, within the department. Information about the program and department can be found at www.auburn.edu/serc.
We are seeking candidates with experience in Clinical Mental Health Counseling including counseling, supervision, research, and teaching. Candidate should be able to contribute to foundation courses in counselor education, specifically clinical mental health, as well as within the Rehabilitation, and School counseling specialization emphasis. These contributions should include experience in clinical practice courses (counseling/skills, practicum, and internship). Candidate should also be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively work with, supervise, and mentor counseling students. Area of research focus is open, but consideration will be given to candidates whose research focus integrates counseling, social justice, advocacy, multicultural counseling, and evidence-based practices. The candidate will need to hold a Ph.D. in Counselor Education from a CACREP accredited institution (by the start date).
The candidate will need to demonstrate strong evidence of success in college/university teaching, research and service. This includes the ability to demonstrate evidence of an established research program, including completed grant/contract applications to secure funding for training and/or research. The candidate will also need to demonstrate engagement in professional service through counseling and/or community organizations. The candidate must hold a professional counselor license, or be eligible for licensure. Licensure for supervision or eligibility for supervision license is highly desired. A doctoral degree from a CACREPaccredited institution in Counselor Education and Supervision is required.
- Doctoral degree in Counselor Education from a CACREP accreditation program by August 16, 2018;
- Master’s degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from a CACREP accredited program;
- two years of clinical and supervision experience;
- evidence of counseling, supervision, teaching, and research experience;
- evidence of ability to engage in professional service, leadership, and advocacy;
- licensed or licensure eligible;
- demonstrated experience in college/university teaching, research and service, and
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other professionals and students. The candidate selected for this position must be able to meet eligibility requirements in the U.S. at the time the appointment is scheduled to begin and continue to work legally for the proposed term of employment.
- administrative and professional experiences related to Clinical Mental Health counseling;
- experience with teaching online courses;
- experience in grant writing;
- experience in Clinical Mental Health program development and/or coordination;
- experience in Counselor Education curriculum evaluation and program development.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The anticipated starting date is August 16, 2018. Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Review of applications will begin January 15, 2018; however, the search will remain open until the position is filled. Candidates should submit (a) Curriculum Vitae and official graduate transcripts, (b) names and contact information for at least three references, ( c ) samples of scholarly work (e.g., refereed or professional publications, other relevant materials such as videotapes, curricula, in-service training modules, etc.), and (d) teaching/training evaluations. To apply, submit materials to: http://aufacultypositions.peopleadmin.com/postings/2554 . For questions about the position, contact Jill Meyer, Ph.D. email@example.com.
References required for this position?
If yes, minimum number requested