Application Deadline Date: Review of applications will begin on October 13, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be expected to teach courses in one or multiple areas within the program domains that include, but are not limited to, the following: educational leadership, educational administration, instructional leadership, supervision, educational reform and site-based leadership, school law and policy, diversity and equity, school finance, and others. Regular responsibilities will also include teaching in the Ed.D. program, as well as advising students and engaging in service at all levels of the university and community. Candidates are expected to teach on the main campus with the possibility of teaching at the Antelope Valley Campus as well.
Qualifications: Candidates should meet following criteria:
- Earned doctorate in educational leadership or related field from an accredited institution; doctoral degree in educational leadership preferred (ABD candidates may apply);
- Familiarity with state and national guidelines for administrator preparation;
- Successful experience teaching at the K-12, college and/or university levels along with verifiable productivity record;
- Evidence of experience and effectiveness in working with diverse groups in a dynamic and complex work environment;
- Ability to work with candidates, staff, faculty, partners, and others in a collegial environment;
- Possess skills in information and communication technologies including online formats of curriculum design and delivery;
- Capacity to problem-solve, resolve conflicts and work collaboratively with others along with consensus-building and valuing multiple perspectives;
- Possess a record or promise of scholarly achievement and research; Ability to teach in administrative services education program.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. CSUB offers competitive salaries and a generous benefits package (e.g., excellent health, dental, vision, and retirement benefits).
Workload: The normal workload includes teaching assignments, service, advising, and campus committee assignments. It may also involve program coordination.
Application: Applications received by October 13, 2017 will be given full consideration; position open until filled. Send a letter of application addressing the job qualifications and stating your beliefs regarding educational leadership and areas of expertise; complete vita; official transcripts of undergraduate/graduate courses; and three letters of recommendation to Tanya Boone- Holladay, at:
Dr. Tanya Boone-Holladay
Chair, EdAd Search Committee
Department of Advanced Educational Studies 9001 Stockdale Highway
Bakersfield, CA 93312-1022 email@example.com