The EIU Department of Early Childhood, Elementary and Middle Level Education seeks a tenure-track Elementary Education faculty member (K-6) to teach both undergraduate and graduate coursework in Curriculum & Instruction, using multiple modes of delivery. Faculty members also supervise and assist with field experiences, mentor undergraduate and graduate student research, collaborate in and create new partnerships with public school teachers and administrators, develop or maintain an active research agenda (including publications, professional presentations, and external grant proposals), provide service aligned with area(s) of expertise and participate in program development.
Successful candidates will be committed to the Departmental Mission of providing current and future educators with the knowledge, skills, and dispositions to meet the challenges of today’s classroom
Qualifications: The educational/experience requirements for this position are as follows:
- Doctorate in Curriculum & Instruction, Elementary Education or closely related field. ABD with confirmed defense date will be considered
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience in the K-6 setting
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience with promoting inclusive excellence
- Experience teaching elementary areas, including science, early childhood, ESL, or literacy
- Experience teaching at the college/university level, including supervision of pre-service field placements
- Experience teaching online courses
- Experience with edTPA or other performance-based assessments
- Experience with partnerships between public schools and universities
- Experience with educational research – an active research agenda or the ability to articulate a future research agenda
- Active with professional education organizations
Send a letter of application, along with unofficial transcripts, a current vita, and the names, addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of four professional references to Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/46134. Official transcripts will be requested prior to employment. Questions about application documents and/or processes should be directed to Dr. Deb Harrison, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.