The University of Louisiana at Monroe (ULM) School of Health Professions in the College of Health and Pharmaceutical Sciences invites applications for a nine month tenure track faculty position in the Counseling Program. The position is available Spring 2018.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Maintain a teaching load not to exceed 9 credit hours per fall and spring semester.
- Chair and/or serve on master’s theses committees.
- Provide academic Advising of COUN students.
- Provide clinical supervision of COUN students.
- Maintain an active clinical & supervision practice.
- Maintain an active research and service program.
- Participate actively in professional, honorary, and accrediting organizations.
- Personally engage in professional activities that meet or exceed standards for graduate faculty.
- Serve on COUN recruitment and retention, search, and accreditation committees, as requested.
A Doctorate degree from a CACREP accredited program is preferred. Candidates must have a doctorate or equivalent in Counseling Education and Supervision, or related field. The ideal candidate’s qualifications will include:
- ACA Membership
- Eligible for state approved LPC supervisor status
- Eligible for licensure as a Professional Counselor in the state of Louisiana
- Demonstrated record of scholarly productivity appropriate for rank
- Evidence of strong research agenda
- Experience in pursuing external funding for research or service
- Supervision experience
- Experience teaching in a university setting in an online format
The School of Health Professions seeks a highly qualified, diverse applicant pool. A review of applications will begin immediately. Candidates should submit the following documents: (1) a cover letter describing how their educational background and professional experience meet the qualifications for the position, (2) a current curriculum vitae, (3) an unofficial or official transcript, (4) contact information for at least three professional references, and (5) a narrative detailing personal philosophy of Counseling, Supervision, and Pedagogy. References should have current knowledge of candidates’ professional work. An official or certified copy of transcripts, proof of degree, license(s), and/or supervision status will be required prior to any interview as a finalist for this position. All communications and materials should be directed to:
Denise Gilstrap, Ph.D., Chair of Counseling Search Committee
School of Health Professions, Strauss 242
700 University Ave.
University of Louisiana Monroe
Monroe, LA 71209