- An earned doctoral degree in Curriculum and Instruction or Education
- Demonstrated record or evidence of potential for research and scholarly activities.
- ABD will be considered (degree must be awarded prior to the start date).
- Coursework in and experience working with diverse student populations
- Three years teaching experience in grades PK-12 or equivalent educational setting.
- Hold or be eligible to hold current teaching certification.
Texas A&M International University, located in Laredo, Texas offers BS, MS, MA, and Professional Certificate programs in its college of education. The College of Education is a Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Texas Education Agency, and State Board for Educator Certification accredited institution and is the editorial home of The Journal of Border Educational Research. The College of Education maintains ample research databases including, among others, ERIC. More information about the College of Education is available at http://www.tamiu.edu/coedu/index.shtml. Texas A&M International University is located at 5201 University Boulevard, Laredo, Texas 78041-1900. Position is contingent on expected funding.