Posting Number: 032F
Salary Minimum: $52,000
Job Summary/Basic Function
Primarily responsible for the teaching/learning process and will also participate in the necessary operations of the institution.
Minimum Education/Experience/SkillsDoctorate in C&I with emphasis in diversity, multicultural education, ELL or math or science. 3 years of successful classroom teaching experience.
Tenure-track faculty members in the rank of assistant professor shall hold the earned doctorate or other terminal degree approved by the University and recognized by the University and recognized by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) as appropriate to the academic area they serve. In addition, they shall have a demonstrated ability in the discipline and show clear promise of teaching excellence as evidenced in evaluation by peers, department head, and college dean; demonstrate continuing scholarly contribution beyond that required for completion of the terminal degree; and document yearly progress of professional achievement in teaching, scholarship and service.
Teachers of record must possess minimum SACS credential standards which normally includes a Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester credit hours in the subject area or suitable approved justification.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
Letter of references may be emailed to email@example.com to be uploaded with your application
Start date is September 1, 2017
- Develop, implement and review effective teaching/learning processes, incorporate appropriate methodology, technology and other tools;
- Remain current in discipline and update course content when appropriate to reflect current levels of knowledge in the discipline;
- Develop a system for ongoing evaluation of both teaching and learning, including course competency expectations and student learning outcomes measures;
- Work in partnership with immediate supervisor and Chief Academic Office through a formal system of evaluation of instruction to identify strengths and weaknesses and identify professional development activities to improve student learning;
- Maintain an appropriate schedule to all for student access and inquiry;
- Work in partnership with student success personnel on student advising and orientation;
- Participate in necessary institutional function such as, but not limited to, college committees, club sponsorship, facilitation of advisory committees, student/faculty recruitment, and mentoring of new and part-time faculty.
Percent of total time: 50
- Works with diverse population, advises students, supervises field experiences, works with public school/university initiatives.
Percent of total time: 25
- Assumes other teaching responsibilities including scholarship and service, and fully participates in shared governance activities.
Percent of total time: 20
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Percent of total time: 5