Classification: Term Assistant Professor
Grade: UNAC Grade 30
Work type: Faculty Full-time
Administrative Unit: University of Alaska Anchorage
School/Business unit: College of Education
Position: Term Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Special EducationThe College of Education at the University of Alaska Anchorage (UAA) is a community of educators dedicated to improving the quality of education and preparing educators to transform lives.
The UAA College of Education seeks an innovative, energetic individual for the position of Term Assistant Professor of Early Childhood Special Education who has passion for building a strong Special Education program that addresses education and teacher certification in the State Alaska and beyond. This is a full-time, bipartite, term faculty position. Assignment dates are August 14, 2017 to May 8, 2018. Salary is commensurate with academic preparation and experience. Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
The faculty member will support the University of Alaska bipartite mission of performing teaching and public service. This position will provide classroom and academic support for Early Childhood Special Education program students; responsibilities of this position include:
- Providing instructional support to undergraduate and graduate-level Early Childhood Special Education program students, including academic advising and field placement supervision.
- Working with other faculty and staff to plan, implement, and evaluate existing Early Childhood Special Education program curriculum.
- Participating in university and community service activities.
- Supporting the continued growth of the Early Childhood Special Education program, including the development of innovative, collaborative curriculum partnerships with other academic and community partners and supporting the continued efforts for CAEP accreditation.
- All faculty are expected to support independent studies.
- The ability to engage in collaborative teaching and service is required.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of current teacher education issues and needs, and/or clear willingness to learn.
- Ability to work with private and public external constituencies, including school districts.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Early Childhood Special Education is required.
- Experience working with private and public external constituencies, including school districts.
- Teaching and/or curriculum development in Early Childhood Special Education is preferred.
- Experience in distance delivery of instruction in higher education is highly preferred.
Typical Education or Training:
- Masters or Doctoral degree in relevant discipline at the time of appointment is required.
- Education graduate degree with professional practice experience is preferred.
Please upload a cover letter, CV, and at least 3 professional references for a complete application packet.