Concordia University, Nebraska, a Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod institution, invites applicants for the full-time faculty position of Assistant Professor of Education beginning August 2018.
Concordia University, Nebraska is an excellent academic and Christ-centered community equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.
The Education Department mentors and leads students in the advancement of knowledge, abilities, and attitudes through the pursuit of a Christ-centered education in health and wellness. All students shall be given the opportunity for optimum spiritual, physical, intellectual, emotional, and social development of the gifts God has given them through instruction and participation in various movement activities and through instruction in the area of education.
The faculty member will enhance the University’s ability to fulfill its mission of “equipping men and women for lives of learning, service and leadership in the church and world.” This position has overall impact on academic program offerings in education, assessment of student learning; academic advising; programmatic and/or institutional accreditation related to the department; and all related academic components. Specific areas of responsibility include teaching, the management of field experiences, student teaching seminar, EDTPA and first year teacher support.
- Earned masters from an accredited institution. Preferred earned doctorate, or willingness to pursue doctorage from an accredited institution.
- Established record of excellent university teaching, scholarship and distinguished university, professional and community/public service.
- Successful leadership and management experience in higher education or other field related to areas included with the College.
- Knowledge of higher education practices and trends, including but not limited to curriculum and instruction.
- Knowledge of program and curriculum development, review and revision, and innovative teaching methods, including technology and online education.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission of Concordia University, Nebraska.
- A visionary individual who will work collaboratively with faculty, staff and departments to provide strategic thinking, planning and entrepreneurship for the College.
- An educator with integrity, who has a passion for academic excellence, effective teaching and educational innovation.
- An entrepreneur who has proven leadership in collaborating and partnering with community agencies, schools, professional organizations and other external constituents.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including exceptional communication and collaborative team skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse constituencies, including students, parents, faculty, employees and external parties.
- Familiarity with national, regional and professional accreditation processes.
- Member of a congregation of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
General Faculty Responsibilities
- Teaches courses assigned by the Education Department Chair. To include, but not limited to, the Student Teaching Seminar which includes EDTPA instruction.
- Directs and manages field experiences for all students in the undergraduate education programs including the development of new sites.
- Develops and implements a program for the assessment and support of graduates who are in their first year of teaching.
- Supervision of student teachers as assigned by the Education Department Chair.
- Serves on both elected and appointed committees at the program, department, college and university levels. Involvement includes, but is not limited to, attendance of and active involvement in regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings, completing tasks as assigned, and collaboration with university and outside consultants.
- Assists with the advisement of students as called upon, and maintains regular office hours sufficient to serve students, which may include evening work. Keeps accurate advisement records.
- Works with the appropriate administrators when sponsoring and/or participating in student organizations and activities and other extra-curricular activities. Follow university guidelines, policies, and handbooks with regard to extra-curricular activities.
- Participates in student recruitment and retention activities.
- Attends all faculty, departmental, standing committees, and ad hoc committees as called upon.
- Actively pursue scholarly and academic research activities that are mutually beneficial. All off campus work must be approved in writing by the Provost in advance.
- Prepares and maintains reports and records as may be reasonably necessary for the proper performance and administration of duties.
- Responds in a timely fashion to requests from various administrative and service offices regarding the progress of students in classes.
- Participates in the assessment of student learning as needed by the university or individual department.
- Develops and teaches undergraduate courses during summer term as called upon.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned and mutually agreed upon.
To view more details and apply for this position please visit www.cune.edu/jobs