The School of Education invites applications for the tenure-track position of Assistant Professor of Education. The successful candidate will be expected to have positive public school teaching experience and an established record of, or demonstrated potential for: performance based teaching, instructional application of technology, professional service, and scholarly productivity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching education courses at the undergraduate and graduate level
- Supervising field and clinical experiences
- Academic advising
- Participating in program assessment and accreditation activities
- Conducting and/or developing and publishing research and pedagogical materials
- Serving on school/university committees
- Participating with professional organizations
FMU Requirements: Earned doctorate in an Education related field from an NCATE (CAEP) accredited institution. ABD with imminent completion date will be considered.Start Date: August 2018
- Letter of Interest (Referencing Position Number 18-22);
- Curriculum vitae;
- FMU Faculty Application;
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three references; and
- Copies of all transcripts (official transcripts will be required of the successful candidate).
Send Application Packet to: Dr. Charlene Wages, Vice President for Administration, Francis Marion University, PO Box 100547, Florence, SC 29502-0547 or FAX to (843) 661-1202.Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Minorities and Women and are strongly encouraged to apply.