George Fox University announces a tenure-track faculty position in curriculum development and assessment to begin in August 2018. Qualified candidates for this 24-semester hour full-time position will teach the face to face methods courses in the Undergraduate Teacher Education program in Newberg, Oregon, and assist with assessment efforts for the department. The successful candidate will become part of a dynamic team of education professionals who prepare exceptional teacher education candidates for licensure in the State of Oregon.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God’s truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God’s design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented on our faculty.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching curriculum development courses, assisting with national assessment support, ability to supervise student teachers and provide practicum support; teaching general courses within the department as needed;
- Building relevant school partnerships;
- Ability to develop and sustain an ongoing program of relevant scholarship.
- Participation in the work of the department and the university, including advising and serving on university committees as needed.
- Applicants must have significant teaching experience in elementary schools;
- Advanced degree in elementary education is preferred, PhD or equivalent;
- A track record of current research in assessment or other elementary education related topics;
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize technology to enhance education in P-12 classrooms;
- The ability to structure and maintain growth in students in the arena of educational technology;
- Ability to teach, study, and serve in a growing and diverse community of professionals focused on preparing transformative P-12 educators;
- Knowledge of national assessments and accreditation;
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred;
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Application Procedures apply only through this website
Application review will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.