- Earned doctorate in Education or Curriculum and Instruction at the time of appointment. Closely related academic areas will also be considered.
- Demonstrated excellent teaching skills
- Ability to design and implement engaging and effective instruction
- Expertise in using a variety of technologies for teaching and learning
- Willingness and ability to teach both online, hybrid, and face-to-face courses
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
- Evidence of three to five years of licensed, successful K-12 teaching experience, ideally teaching in a licensure field offered by the department.
- Experience teaching in post-secondary education
- Experience with teacher education accreditation, especially CAEP accreditation
- Experience teaching online and/or hybrid courses
- Knowledge of national standards relative to teaching K-12 students (Common Core, Next Generation Science, etc.), teacher preparation programs, and teaching and learning with technology
Founded in 1861, North Central College is a selective, comprehensive liberal arts institution of about 3000 students, located 28 miles west of Chicago in Naperville. The college is within walking distance of the Naperville Metra station and is next to downtown Naperville. The Naperville area is home to many excellent school districts and Naperville, IL has been ranked as one of the best places to live by Money magazine. For more information, please visit: http://www.noctrl.edu.
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, unofficial transcripts, and contact information for three professional references.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.