Join the Pack! A community with nearly 8,000 faculty and staff, and 30,000 students. NC State is one of the largest employers in North Carolina, offering a large range of career opportunities. Visit us at https://jobs.hr.ncsu.edu/.
Department: 131601 – Educational Leadership, Policy & Human Development
Essential Job Duties:
The Department of Leadership, Policy, and Human Development ( ELPHD) at North Carolina State University invites candidates for a tenure track Assistant Professor position in K-12 Educational Leadership with expertise in school improvement to begin in August 2018. The successful candidate will focus on improving education with high impact research, securing external funding, engaging in transformative teaching, and demonstrating dynamic engagement with high-need schools and systems.
We welcome applications from scholars with an earned doctorate in educational leadership, educational policy, or a related field. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to social justice, equity, diversity, and show evidence of an established program of research. The position requires evidence of successful collaboration with faculty colleagues, educational professionals and/or policy makers, and the potential to prepare effective educational leaders to improve learner success through graduate teaching, mentoring and dissertation supervision. Experience working with minoritized students, rural communities, and/or historically underserved schools and communities as well as digitalized teaching and learning in schools and across districts and state communities is highly desirable. The position provides support for on-campus and distance education masters and doctoral programs in Educational Leadership.
Primary duties include:
- Conduct scholarly research on pressing educational problems, generate external grant-funding, and publish and communicate in high impact journals.
- Provide leadership and work collaboratively with policy makers and K-12 school leaders at the local, state and national levels to further enhance high-need schools and systems and to improve learner success for a diverse society and global workforce.
- Teach graduate courses in the master’s and doctoral program in Educational Leadership in Raleigh, NC and the site-based programs at various cohort locations within easy driving distance.
- Recruit and advise graduate students and serve on doctoral committees in ELPHD.
- Contribute to the intellectual diversity of the department.
- Mentor graduate students and work with diverse students, staff, and community members.
Requires doctor’s degree, an equivalent degree, or equivalent professional experience.
- Research focus on important areas of K-12 education leadership and policy, such as student achievement, educational attainment, teacher and leader quality and effectiveness, access and equity, and education reform
- Ability to work effectively with policy makers and community leaders
- Capacity to attract and supervise graduate students
- Visionary leadership
- Interest in contributing to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through research, teaching, and outreach
- K-12 administrative experience preferred
Required license or certification:
Position Number: 00106028
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree verified at www.wes.org. Degree must be obtained prior to start date.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.