The Department of Leadership, Research, and School Improvement in the College of Education at the University of West Georgia invites dynamic applicants to join our growing educational programs. The College of Education at the University of West Georgia is doctoral granting and NCATE-accredited, and a recognized leader in preparing exemplary practitioners for all educational roles. The College offers high-level technological support, mentoring for new faculty, and opportunities to work with graduate students and to partner with school districts. The University of West Georgia, one of Georgia’s four robust-tier universities, is a growing institution located approximately 50 minutes west of Atlanta. Our 645-acre campus offers modern, state-of-the-art facilities complemented by beautiful green spaces. It ranks as one of the Southeast’s best public regional comprehensive universities.
The successful candidate will assume the primary responsibilities of (1) teaching graduate research methods courses primarily in qualitative research and or program evaluation; (2) serving on doctoral dissertation committees; (3) participating in broad-based university, college, and departmental committee work and professional service; and (4) developing/sustaining a research agenda in a chosen specialty area with sustained scholarly productivity.
- Earned doctorate in Educational Research, or related field, from an accredited institution
- Expertise in quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methodologies
- Expertise in program evaluation
- Active engagement in professional organizations and associations
- Experience with peer-review publication process
- Experience and interest in mentoring doctoral students
- Experience in university-level teaching, including online teaching (preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to collaborate across departments and with school partners
- Experience in grant procurement (preferred)
- Experience in P-12 educational settings (preferred)
Applications will be reviewed until the position is filled. Electronic submissions are encouraged. Submit a letter addressing the qualifications cited above, resume or curriculum vitae, unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended, and the names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses of at least three professional references to:
Andy Nixon, Department Chair
Department of Leadership, Research, and School Improvement
College of Education
University of West Georgia
Carrollton, GA 30118
Should you be recommended for the position, Board of Regents policy requires official transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and completion of a background check.
This is a tenure position with the possibility for summer employment. Start date for the position is August 1, 2017, or when position is filled. The University of West Georgia is committed to diversity. Women and minorities are invited and encouraged to apply.