Holy Cross College’s Mission: The Mission of Holy Cross College is to educate and form global citizens with the competence to see and the courage to act. Holy Cross is a Catholic college that advances the apostolic mission of the Brothers of Holy Cross. Our practical, experiential, liberal arts curriculum applies timeless truths to contemporary life and leads people to wholeness in the image of Christ.
Our hiring practices reflect this missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Typical Schedule: This is a full time non-tenured faculty position.
Purpose: The education department prepares teachers to transform the lives of their future students. The Teacher Education Program at Holy Cross offers a dual license program in Elementary Education and in English as a New Language (ENL).
Essential Job Duties:
- All administrators, faculty and staff are called to assist students in their formation to be Christ-like students and thus must embrace and advance the Holy Cross mission of the College in all professional activities.
- Teach two or more elementary content methods courses (English as a New Language)
- Supervision of clinical experiences
- Serve as liaison between Holy Cross College and field experience schools
- Co-direct and recruit for ENL program
- Advisement of undergraduate students
Minimum Education, Skills, and Ability:
- Master’s Degree from an accredited University in Elementary Education or in Curriculum & Instruction with an elementary emphasis (Doctorate or ABD status preferred)
- Documented three (3) years of K-6 ENL teaching experience (may include U.S. schools abroad)
- Evidence of commitment to working with diverse populations and implementing culturally responsive teaching
- Knowledge of standards and research-based curriculum and instruction in K-6 education
- Experience in using technology based instruction
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Classroom environment; repetitive movement of hands and fingers – typing and/or writing; occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills and physical demands required of personnel so classified. Employment at Holy Cross College is ‘at will’ meaning either the college or employee can end the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Holy Cross College is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are based on qualifications and are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or any other legally protected status. Interested candidates should submit resume, cover letter and three references (names and contact information) via email to: Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position open until filled.