This position will remain open until the position is filled. Salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
West Texas A&M University is a student-centered, learning community dedicated to educating tomorrow’s leaders through innovative academic and co-curricular undergraduate and graduate programs. Applicants must explain how they will actively promote and participate in our student-centered mission, values and philosophy. The Department of Education is developing innovative knowledge acquisition in English Language Learning education and multiculturalism. All applicants must demonstrate a willingness to learn, support and promote these initiatives.
- Doctoral degree in counselor education, preferably from a CACREP-accredited counselor education program
- Certified School Counselor
- Certified or eligible for school counseling certification
- Record or evidence of potential for research and scholarly activity
- Eligible for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor in Texas
- Nationally Certified Counselor
- Leadership abilities with the vision to develop and enhance the program
- Evidence of teaching excellence on the graduate level
- Identity with counseling organizations through membership, certifications, and/or licensures
- Professional service and advocacy in counseling
- Knowledge and experience in meeting accreditation standards, especially CACREP
The following documents must be attached to be considered for this position:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum Vitae
- Graduate school transcripts
- Minimum of three current letters of reference
Please attach all documents in the attachment box at the bottom of the “My Experience” page before continuing through the application. Though the attachment box is labeled “CV/Resume,” more than one attachment may be uploaded. Once you have submitted your application, you may no longer add documents.
If you need assistance with downloading documents, please contact WTAMU Human Resources at HR@wtamu.edu.