Assistant Professor of Special Education – Tenure-track appointment to begin in Fall 2018.
Duties include teaching courses in the Special Education Credential programs and supervising student teaching/fieldwork. All faculty members have advising responsibilities, are required to engage in scholarship and provide service to the department/college/university. Assignment may include teaching at off-site centers and advising in the Master of Arts program, the multiple subject (elementary) or single subject (secondary) teaching credential programs. Additional responsibilities include program development and implementation; development of contracts and grants; development of university/school partnerships; chairing Masters theses; and service to community, county and district agencies, and professional organizations.
1. Doctorate in Education from a regionally accredited university in Special Education or related area (if related area, then at least a Masters in Special Education). ABD considered with completion by the time of appointment.
2. A minimum of five full years of teaching experiences in K-12 in a position designated special education position.
3. Demonstrated expertise in Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
4. Strong evidence of teaching effectiveness (Note: Applicant must include evaluations of prior teaching experience).
5. Strong generic training with skills and experience in assessment, curriculum, and instruction of students with mild/moderate/severe disabilities.
6. Potential for or record of scholarly/creative activity appropriate to rank.
1. Knowledge of special education programs for English learners
2. Knowledge of California credentialing regulations, and local, state, and national trends
3. Experience teaching and supervising adults, preferably some of which was at the University level
4. Demonstrated expertise in moderate/severe disabilities
5. Demonstrated expertise in early childhood special education
6. Experience as coordinator or chair of a Special Education program.
7. Knowledge of uses of technology in education.
HOW TO APPLY & DEADLINE:
Please send: (1) a detailed letter of application addressing the minimum qualifications plus any preferred qualifications, (2) current vita/resume, (3) unofficial post baccalaureate transcripts (official transcripts will be required at the time of hire), (4) copies of teacher evaluations, evaluations of courses taught and/or evaluations of workshops presented and (5) a list of four references including their email addresses and telephone numbers to:
Dr. Elmano Costa, Chair
Department of Teacher Education
College of Education, Kinesiology, and Social Work
California State University, Stanislaus
One University Circle
Turlock, CA 95382
email@example.com (209) 667-3357
This appointment begins August 2018. Screening of applications will begin October 30, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.