The School of Teacher Education at the University of Northern Colorado is seeking qualified candidates for the position of tenure track Assistant Professor of Teacher Education to teach a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses in Elementary Social Studies Education to prepare novice and practicing teachers, supervise field experiences, work effectively with undergraduate and graduate students and faculty in on- and off-campus degree programs. Successful applicant is expected to engage in scholarly activities, and continue to grow professionally as a teacher and as a scholar; to provide service in the Elementary Program Area, School and College; and to work on curriculum and program development and school partnerships. Candidates will be expected to teach courses in the area of Elementary Social Studies methods along with other program required courses.
- Doctorate or ABD in Curriculum and Instruction, Education, or related field, earned by the time of employment;
- Background in elementary education;
- Minimum three years of successful elementary teaching; and
- Ability to teach graduate and undergraduate courses addressing elementary social studies education courses.
- Experience in scholarship/research related to elementary education and/or Social Studies education;
- Experience with student teaching and practicum supervision;
- Knowledge in clinical teaching of the Social Studies at the elementary level;
- Knowledge and/or experience related to educating English Language Learners ( ELL)/Culturally and Linguistically Diverse ( CLD) students;
- Evidence of working collaboratively with diverse groups; and
- Potential or experience in teaching a variety of program required courses related to Teacher Education.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must complete the online application form at the link below and attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae, teaching philosophy and a list of three references with the names, mail and email addresses, and telephone numbers. Three letters of recommendation must be attached online.
If you are unable to do so they may be emailed to email@example.com.
For more information or to apply to this position go to:
Contact for questions regarding the position may be referred to: Dr. Kim Creasy, Elementary Program Coordinator
Department: School of Teacher Education Phone: 970-351-1871
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits available include health, dental, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as a selection of several defined contribution retirement programs. Dependents and spouses of UNCEmployees who are employed as 0.5 FTE or above are entitled to and eligible for Dependent Tuition Grants. These tuition grants will cover in-state tuition charges. Further requirements may exist. Other benefits may be available based on position.
Additional Requirements :
Satisfactory completion of a background check, educational check, and authorization to work in the United States is required after a conditional offer of employment has been made. The successful candidate must submit original transcripts within one (1) month of hire.