The National College of Education at National Louis University (NLU) is pleased to announce its search for a full-time non-tenure track undergraduate faculty member. We seek an experienced teacher to join our dynamic undergraduate teacher education team; serving traditionally first generation under-represented students; with the opportunity to implement innovative practice-centered curriculum – must have at least 4 years of teaching experience within PK-8 grade range with an area of concentration in Special Education and literacy. This position requires you to be a creative and engaging Instructor that is committed to excellence in teaching and learning in Higher Education. The instructor will need to be an active team member who believes in a supportive student driven environment.
This is a full-time, 10 month position that requires all instructors to collaborate on a regular basis and to commit to the support time that surrounds each student. This position requires on-site teaching at multiple campuses for daytime and nighttime courses.
In this position, the instructor will work with a dedicated team of student coaches, instructors, and content experts and data analysts on how to personalize the learning experience for students. In addition to teaching content, this instructor will also encourage growth mindset, increase non-cognitive skill development, and nurture academic confidence.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Teaching elementary/special education courses.
- Coaching teacher candidates in field-based experiences.
- Collaborating across disciplines to analyze teacher and student learning data.
- Contribute to innovative curricular and program development.
- Dynamically design, improve and scale NLU’s innovative Adaptive Cycles of Teaching (ACT) model to improve teacher preparation practices.
- Graduate degree or above in Education with a concentration in Special Education and Literacy,
- Experience with digital tools for teaching,
- Experience teaching in either on-line or blended/hybrid formats,
- Experience teaching students of diverse backgrounds,
- Three or more years of teaching experience, and
- Belief that all students can be successful.
- Technology Proficient,
- Excellent facilitation and classroom management skills,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent time management skills,
- Ability to work with a highly diverse faculty and student body,
- Experience using a learning management system, and
- Willingness/ability to use data to inform instruction.