UW-Superior is committed to making excellence inclusive in every aspect of the institution. Diversity, inclusion and equity are prioritized learning resources for all community members. We strive to offer quality programs in an environment of trust and cooperation that centers on the worth of all individuals. The University is seeking candidates who will contribute to the achievement of this goal.
POSITION: Assistant Professor of School Counseling (Guidance and Counseling)
• Teaching graduate level courses in the Guidance and Counseling Program (School Counseling)
• Teaching in online, classroom and hybrid formats
• Supervising students engaged in practicum/internship experiences
• Advising graduate students in school counseling.
• Collaborating with local schools and/or agencies associated with school counseling
• Engaging in scholarly activity in the discipline
• Advising student counseling organization
• Engaging in departmental, university, and community service
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Earned doctorate in School Counseling, Counselor Education, Counseling Psychology or related field by August 1, 2018
- Licensed as a School Counselor, and/or license eligible
- Minimum two years experience providing services as a school counselor
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- University level teaching experience
- Background and/or experience working with diverse populations
- A strong commitment to excellence in teaching and learning
- An active research agenda in the discipline
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to continued professional development in best practices in teaching and learning, including use of alternative delivery formats
The successful candidate will be dynamic, energetic, creative, and engaging. The successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to the public liberal arts mission and to quality teaching and learning methods. Willingness and interest in utilizing technology in the classroom strongly preferred. The successful candidate must be committed to the highest ethical standards and demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills. Candidates that incorporate issues of inclusive excellence and diversity within their curriculum are especially encouraged to apply.
SALARY: UW-S offers a competitive salary and benefits package including health insurance coverage for domestic partners and their eligible dependents.
STARTING DATE: August, 2018
INFORMATION: For additional information visit www.uwsuper.edu or contact Tammy Rady, Administrative Assistant (715) 394-8009; or Dr. John Paul, Chair of Search and Screen (715) 394-8151
APPLICACTION PROCESS: Review of all complete applications will continue until the position is filled.
Please apply online at UW-Careers (http://www.uwsuper.edu/hr/employment/career-gateway.cfm) and submit your application packet that is:
- Letter of application,
- One-page statement of your teaching and counseling philosophy,
- Unofficial transcripts of undergraduate and graduate degrees, and
- Contact information for only three references. Contact information for less than or more than three references will lead to an incomplete application.