The School of Education invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor/Instructor in Childhood Special Education beginning Fall 2019. Responsibilities include: teaching graduate and undergraduate courses in Special Education; supervising student teachers and clinical practice in school settings; advising students in the General Education program, Special Education concentrations, as well as the graduate program; and developing collaborative partnerships with local school districts and professional organizations. Candidate must demonstrate a commitment to teaching, scholarship, and service that aligns with the strong social justice mission of the institution. Professional responsibilities shall encompass teaching at the graduate and undergraduate levels, advising and mentoring students, maintaining an active research agenda, grant writing, as well as serving on school and college committees.
- ◾Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Special Education or a related field required for rank of Assistant Professor. ABD in Special Education or a related field with the expectation of a timely completed doctorate required for rank of Instructor.
- ◾Experience in special education, as well as a strong background in teaching individuals with disabilities.
- ◾Certification in special education or expertise in the field is required.
- ◾Experience teaching in a multicultural environment preferred.
Please submit the following online at https://oldwestbury.interviewexchange.com:
- cover letter
- teaching philosophy
- description of research interest
- contact information (name, email address and telephone number) for three (3) references
Submit three (3) letters of recommendation (signed and on letterhead) to Human Resources via email at COLELLAL@oldwestbury.edu
Only applications submitted online will be considered.