Indiana University East, a regional campus of Indiana University, offers residents of eastern Indiana, western Ohio and beyond a broad range of bachelor’s degrees, selected master’s degrees, and certificates through its traditional main campus in Richmond, off-campus sites, and online program options.
Indiana University East challenges students to grow intellectually and personally in a supportive and scholarly environment where faculty teaching skills and participation in the creation and dissemination of new knowledge and artistic work enhance learning opportunities for all.
Indiana University East values a diversity of backgrounds, experiences, and intellectual perspectives among its faculty, staff, and students. The campus is dedicated to being a strong partner in enhancing the educational, cultural, and economic development of the region it serves through community and civic engagement. Learn more about IU East.
Indiana University East, Richmond, IN, invites applications for anticipated full-time faculty position in Elementary Reading and Language Arts, commencing August 1, 2018. Candidates for all full-time faculty positions must demonstrate a strong desire to excel in teaching and provide ongoing support for student success, in and out of the classroom, interacting with a diverse student and faculty community. Online delivery of programs is an increasingly important aspect of IU East enrollment strategy. Candidates for tenure-track positions must also have an interest in building a sustainable program of research, scholarship and/or creative activity.
This position is for the academic year, tenure-track or long-term lecturer. Learn more about the School of Education.
- This position requires a Master’s degree in Elementary Reading and Language Arts Education. Doctoral Degree (Ph.D., Ed.D. completed by August, 2018) is preferred.
- Teach courses in elementary reading and language arts education (or closely related field); experience with other areas of specialization will also be considered.
- A minimum of three (3) years of licensed, full-time, classroom teaching experience is required; experience in public schools is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching and student success is crucial.
- Education to working in a professional and collaborative team environment is essential.
- For tenure-track position, an active program of research is expected.
Department Contact for Questions
Human Resource Generalist
Indiana University East