The Educator and Leadership Preparation department seeks candidates who are actively committed to serving diverse populations of children, adolescents, and adults. The university was created to address the educational needs of San Antonio and the surrounding areas. The current enrollment is approximately 6,500. We invite successful candidates with a demonstrated commitment to university and district collaboration as well as an impressive research agenda and list of publications. Responsibilities include research, service and teaching in the educational leadership program currently offering degrees at the graduate level as well as certification programs for principals and superintendents.
Application Process: Applications are accepted only through the online job portal at:
Applicants must complete the online application by either downloading your resume to auto-populate the application, or manually complete the application fields.
After the Work History section, you can select UPLOAD to attach the following requirements:
Cover letter including teaching philosophy, research statement, and include a list of Ed.D. or Ph.D. 1) Curriculum vitae Evidence of scholarly potential/productivity (1-2 samples of research such as published articles, or manuscripts).
Review of applicants will begin immediately.
For review of applications, applicants may submit unofficial transcripts to the Search Committee Chair. Prior to issuing a letter of appointment to the successful candidate, three original letters of recommendation and official transcripts from each degree-granting institution must be received directly by the College of Education and Human Development at the address listed below. E-scripts and E-recommendations will be considered if emailed directly to the department chair.
Search Committee Chair – Educational Leadership
c/o Ana Hernandez
Texas A&M University-San Antonio
College of Education & Human Development
One University Way
San Antonio, TX 78224
(E-scripts and E-recommendations will be considered IF emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
- An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in educational administration/leadership.
- 18 graduate hours in the degree and field in which candidate will teach.
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness; demonstrated potential for conducting and publishing scholarly research; and experience with students from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Minimum of three years of experience teaching in higher education.
- Experience in public schools in an administrative capacity.
- Experience in quantitative and/or qualitative research.
- Experiencing teaching in higher education.
- Proven record of developing networking and collaboration with educational organizations.
- Experience or the desire to teach via alternative delivery modes (e.g., hybrid or online).
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.