– Develop and teach master’s and doctoral courses in the Adult Learning and Development program at the master’s and doctoral levels with concentrations in Adult Learning and Development (M.A. & Ed.D.), Community College Leadership (Ed.D.), and e Learning (M.A.)
– Engage in teaching, research and service activities
– Recruit, advise and mentor graduate students, including serving on/chairing dissertation committees
– Collaborate with faculty and community stakeholders for program improvement
– Work closely with other University, College, and Department faculty and professionals
– Participate in program governance at the College and University levels as well as contribute to one’s professional organizations
– Serve on University, College and Department committees
– Provide assistance in writing and submitting documents and report associated with accreditation
The Department of Teaching, Leadership, and Counseling within the Gallaspy Family College of Education and Human Development at Northwestern State University of Louisiana is seeking applications for 9 month tenure track faculty position (summer teaching is probable) as an Assistant/Associate Professor in Adult Learning and Development for the Adult Learning and Development Master of Arts and Doctor of Education programs. Academic rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience. The start date for the position is August 13, 2018.
The Department of Teaching, Leadership, and Counseling offers bachelor degrees in Child and Family Studies, Early Childhood Education, Elementary Education, Health and Physical Education, Music Education and Secondary Education. Advanced degrees are available in Adult Learning and Development, Counseling, Curriculum and Instruction, Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership, Educational Technology Leadership, Special Education, and Student Affairs in Higher Education.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Qualified applicants should send a letter of application, curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, and complete contact information (names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses) for three (3) professional references electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail to:
Dr. Bill Morrison
EDAL Search Committee Chair
Department of Teaching, Learning, and Counseling
Teacher Education Center – 150 Tarlton Drive
Northwestern State University of Louisiana
Natchitoches, LA 71497
Electronic submissions preferred.