Teaching undergraduate courses within the school’s nationally accredited teacher education program. Writing and facilitating the CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) accreditation program reports. Additionally, according to skills and expertise the candidate may perform other duties.
- Embrace, support, and promote the Erskine College’s Christian mission and philosophy of Christian higher education
- Doctorate from an accredited university (terminal degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D)) in an education related-field of study
- Experience teaching at the P-12 level. Experience in reading instruction and literacy preferred
- Experience with accreditation documents e.g. CAEP accreditation. Knowledge and training in CAEP
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Notable record of scholarship, teaching and service in higher education
- Knowledge of assessment trends and best practices in assessment of student learning outcomes and program outcomes
- Ability to assume responsibility for tasks with considerable independence
- Ability to think and act creatively with people, information and ideas
- Record of experience designing and implementing initiatives that lead to improvement of teacher education programming
- Knowledge and understanding of and experience with program assessment
Application review will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To ensure full consideration, interested candidates should complete the on-line application, which can be found at www.erskine.edu. The on-line application includes a link to upload a letter of application, a resume, and a list of references.