St. Cloud State University is proud to offer a variety of high quality programs for students interested in the field of P-12 Educational Administration and Leadership available on campus or off-campus at the Plymouth location. Programs include a Masters Degree; Post Masters Graduate Certificate; Specialist Degree; Administrative Licensure for K-12 Principal and Superintendent; Director of Special Education; and Director of Community Education (Masters Degree plus 30 credits), and a Doctorate of Education Degree in Educational Administration and Leadership. The Department of Educational Leadership and Higher Education currently seeks qualified candidates to teach courses in multiple Educational Administration program areas, supervise field experiences, and advise students through their academic program of study including thesis and dissertation writing. For more information about the department, go to: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/elhe/
Teach graduate-level courses, recruit, mentor and advise students; assist students with program design and planning; serve on student committees; participate in meetings, service activities, and assessment planning as needed, collaborate with school district personnel and with other university faculty; fulfill duties and responsibilities associated with a fixed-term position in the Educational Administration and Leadership Program. *Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: https://www.stcloudstate.edu/humanresources/union.aspx
Qualifications and experience
- Earned doctorate in Educational Administration/Leadership or related field by date of appointment
- Evidence of demonstrated success in 1) teaching at the graduate level, 2) establishing/ maintaining a scholarly and publication agenda, 3) participating in professional and scholarly associations, and 4) chairing/advising thesis and dissertation research
- Have minimum three years’ experience as a licensed Principal, Superintendent, or Director of Special Education in Minnesota public schools
- Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Successful leadership experience in P-12 educational administration
- Evidence of recent work in public P-12 school settings;
- Evidence of collaboration/interaction with P-12 schools and districts
- Ability to teach courses at the doctoral level in educational administration and leadership
- Ability to supervise candidate field experiences for administrative licensure
- A high interest/skill/experience in developing and teaching online courses.
- Current Minnesota Administrative licensure
- Willing to teach on campus and off campus at the Plymouth (MN) location
Application information and deadline
Please continue the application via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm.
Applicants must complete the application, list the names and contact information of three professional references, and attach copies of an application cover letter, vita, and transcripts. Review of complete applications will remain open until the position is filled.
Jim Johnson, Search Chair
Phone (320) 308.3722