Texas A&M University-San Antonio is accepting applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor of Educational Leadership. We invite candidates with a collaborative and dynamic personality to join this new university in the established Texas A&M University System serving students from a culturally diverse and largely non-traditional population.
The Educator and Leadership Preparation department seeks candidates who are actively committed to serving diverse populations of children, adolescents, and adults. The university was created to address the educational needs of San Antonio and surrounding areas. We invite successful candidates with a demonstrated commitment to university and district collaboration. Responsibilities include research, service, and teaching in the educational leadership program currently offering degrees at the graduate level as well as certification programs for principals and superintendents.
Dependent on course and institutional schedules. Teaching may include; day, night, or weekend courses.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Texas A&M University-San Antonio (TAMU-SA) is a new comprehensive university in the established Texas A&M University System serving students from a culturally diverse and largely non-traditional population. The university was created to address the educational needs in South San Antonio and surrounding areas. The current enrollment is approximately 5,500.
When submitting your application, please include the following documents:
(1) Cover letter including teaching philosophy, research statement, and include a list of Ed.D. or Ph.D. courses corresponding to 18 credit hours in the academic discipline,
(2) curriculum vitae,
(3) and evidence of scholarly potential/productivity (1-2 samples of research such as published articles, or manuscripts).
Review of applicants will begin immediately. For review of applications, applicants may submit unofficial transcripts to the Search Committee Chair. Prior to issuing a letter of appointment to the successful candidate, three original letters of recommendation and official transcripts from each degree-granting institution must be received directly by the College of Education & Human Development at the address listed below. E-scripts and E-recommendations will be considered if emailed directly to the department chair.
Search Committee Chair – Educational Leadership
c/o Ana Hernandez
Texas A&M University-San Antonio
College of Education & Human Development
One University Way
San Antonio, TX 78224
(E-scripts and E-recommendations will be considered IF emailed directly to email@example.com
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
- Selected candidates must pass a pre-employment background investigation to be hired for this position.
- The above duties may not be performed in every position with this title and the above functions may not include all related duties that might be performed. This position requires physical activities supportive of the above job duties. Reasonable accommodations will be made as necessary.
- If you are a male age 18 through 25, you must be properly registered with the Selective Service System to be eligible for hire.
- Texas A&M-San Antonio is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Open Until Filled
An earned doctorate (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in educational administration/leadership.
18 graduate hours in the degree and field in which candidate will teach.
Demonstrated teaching effectiveness; demonstrated potential for conducting and publishing scholarly research; and experience with students from culturally diverse backgrounds.
Minimum of three years experience teaching in higher education.
Experience in public schools in an administrative capacity; experience in quantitative and/or qualitative research; experiencing teaching in higher education; proven record of developing networking and collaboration with educational organizations; and experience or the desire to teach via alternative delivery modes (e.g., hybrid or online).
Other Requirements or Other Factors
Other Qualifications for Posting:
Ability to work cooperatively with others and provide excellent customer service to students, employees, and the community.
Ability to multitask.