The School of Education at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga College of Health Education and Professional Studies invites applications for a full time tenured or tenured track faculty position in Special Education K-12 -Exceptional Learning beginning August 1st 2018.
The faculty member will contribute to a rich tradition of teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses, conducting research, and providing professional service in a setting with excellent opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration.
Successful candidates must have a strong interest in and commitment to teacher education, collaboration, and diversity. The school of Education is recognized as a part of an engaged metropolitan university with extensive partnerships with community organizations.
Successful candidates will possess the following requirements:
Doctorate in Exceptional Education or closely-related field. Individuals who are “all but dissertation” (ABD) will be considered for faculty positions at UTC; however, the degree must be awarded within twelve months of the first semester of employment.
- Minimum of two years of experience as a special education teacher
- Membership and involvement in professional organizations, such CEC, NAGC, ASCD
- Demonstrate potential for excellence in instruction and supervision
- Established or emerging line of research
- Preferred experience and knowledge in edTPA
- Candidates should also be willing to engage in a variety of instructional modalities, including online instruction
- Willingness to engage in assisting the UTC campus in its ability to reach additional goals as specified in UTC’s Strategic Plan
- Teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in special education
- Engaging in an active research and publication agenda
- Supervising and planning practicum and/or internship experiences
- Participating in service to the university, community and profession
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students
- Commitment to cultural diversity collaboration, and social justice
Applicants should prepare to submit the following information within our online application system for consideration:
- Cover letter/letter of interest
- CV, including up-to-date, personal contact information (email, phone, etc.)
- Unofficial transcripts
Additionally, candidates will need to include names, titles, and email addresses for three (3) references for confidential letters of recommendation to be requested.
Applications must be submitted electronically through the UTC Faculty Career Site by visiting: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/utc_faculty/jobdetail.ftl?job=180000000N