Sacred Heart University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in educational leadership. The position may be tenure or clinical track and is offered at the rank of associate professor. The Isabelle Farrington College of Education offers a variety of programs in the area of educational leadership, to include a post-graduate program that leads to the Connecticut Intermediate Administrator and Supervisor certificate (092), and a Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS) in educational administration and an advanced program of study that leads to the Superintendent of School (093) certificate.
The College is currently pursuing the launch of an Ed.D. program in educational leadership that will focus on social, emotional and academic leadership (SEAL). The successful candidate will lead this program. As such, a strong background in social and emotional learning, in addition to demonstrated building and/or district level leadership experience is required. Also required is demonstrated higher education experience working at the doctoral level. As program director, the successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the doctoral program, to include teaching graduate courses within the program, advising doctoral students, among other duties. Additionally, the successful candidate will provide service to the college, university and professional community. Because this position is offered at the rank of associate professor, the successful candidate must demonstrate a strong record of sustained professional excellence in educational leadership.
Ideal candidates should possess background and experience in the following:
- Development and Implementation of Curriculum
- Assessment and improvement of instructional programs
- Professional learning for Pre-K-12 educators
- Assessment and improvement of student learning
- Evaluation of teachers and administrators
- Use of data for school/district improvement
- Commitment to ensuring that all students achieve at high levels
- Demonstrated expertise in social and emotional learning
- Demonstrated experience in trauma informed intervention
- Teaching and advising at the doctoral level
- Earned doctorate in educational leadership or related field
- Record of K-12 teaching and leadership experience
- Record of scholarly productivity
- Record of doctoral level advising
- Higher education teaching experience at the graduate level
- Experience with and understanding of state and national standards, including accreditation, in educational leadership
- Successful record as a building-level K-12 leader, to include the possession of, or ability to secure, Connecticut Administrator (092) certification and/or Connecticut Superintendent (093) certification
- Higher education program leadership experience
- Higher education teaching experience at the doctoral level
Applicants should upload a letter of interest that relates qualifications to the requirements of the position, curriculum vitae, three letters of reference, a writing sample, and transcripts, through the SHU online Application Portal. The search committee will only consider online submissions.Review of applications will begin upon receipt and the position will remain open until filled. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package including tuition remission.