The Department of Educational Administration (EDA) in the School of Education and Health Science at the University of Dayton is pleased to announce an Associate Professor (tenure-track) faculty position to begin on August 16, 2018. EDA has partnered with 2U, a nationally prominent online education provider, to power and support our online programs. This partnership provides EDA with a greatly enhanced online infrastructure to create a seamless student experience and significantly extend the scope and reach of our graduate programs. EDA offerings include master’s and doctoral programs in educational leadership and licensing programs for principals, superintendents, and curriculum directors. Position responsibilities include, but are not necessarily limited to, teaching five graduate-level courses per academic year, developing and implementing a research agenda, curriculum development, advising graduate students and chairing dissertations-in-practice, assessment of learning outcomes, and service to the department, university, community and profession. This is a nine-month position; opportunities for summer teaching are typically available. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to the development and success of EDA through teaching (face-to-face, hybrid, and online), research and service. An essential responsibility of this position will be to direct a new Ed.D. program in conjunction with our 2U partner. This position also provides opportunities to engage in school and community partnerships, which may require off-site travel.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in P-12 administration, higher education leadership, organizational leadership, or a terminal degree in a related field;
- Demonstrable record of successful full-time university teaching experience in the U.S. at the graduate level as instructor of record;
- Demonstrable record of successfully teaching a variety of educational administration courses at the master’s and doctoral levels, including advanced expertise in one of the following: assessment, curriculum development, diversity, ethics, organizational leadership, program evaluation, quantitative research methods, or school finance;
- Demonstrable record of success of publishing and scholarship in educational leadership, higher education, or organizational leadership
- Demonstrable record of employing diverse pedagogies in a learner-centered environment, whether in-person or online.
- Demonstrated, successful experience developing and delivering online, distance and hybrid courses through a variety of media;
- Demonstrated, successful experience working with diverse student populations at the graduate level;
- Demonstrated successful experience working collaboratively with various constituents in higher education communities, such as professional associations (ex. UCEA, SSHE, OCPEA), and school-community relations;
- Effective interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated successful experience teaching doctoral courses, and serving and/or chair dissertation practice committees;
- Five or more years of successful teaching as full-time instructor of record and/or administrative experience in P-12 or higher education;
- Affinity for the values central to Marianist education, including diversity and social justice;
- Openness to promoting and enhancing the Catholic Marianist culture of the Department and University;
- Demonstrated successful experience with the 2U platform of online education.
The University of Dayton is committed to the recruitment, hiring and promotion of outstanding, diverse faculty and staff who value its mission and share its commitment to academic excellence in teaching, research and artistic creativity, the development of the whole person, and leadership and service in the local and global community. In support of this commitment, the University is pleased to provide support for spouses of prospective and newly hired faculty. The dual career program serves as a resource and support system and is not intended to take the place of one’s own job search efforts. While we cannot guarantee placement, we serve as an effective support system for your spouse. Information can be found at http://www.udayton.edu/hr/employee_resources/dual_career_resources.php
APPLY ONLINE AT: https://jobs.udayton.edu/postings/25302