This position is responsible for teaching the methods courses for English Language Arts in the Secondary Education Program. Education foundations courses are also taught by this position for undergraduate, graduate traditional & 5th Year Alternative Master’s programs for Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English/Language Arts, General Science, Mathematics, General Social Science, and Food and Consumer Science.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of attendance, grades, and grading system.
- Develop and execute lesson plans; prepare syllabi for classes.
- Meet with students outside class time to offer assistance.
- Grade and report student performance.
- Stay abreast of new information in field.
- Administer online courses.
- Advise students regarding course selection.
- Develop and enhance critical thinking skills.
- Meet administrative deadlines.
- Provide university service such as committee participation.
- Attend meeting and conferences outside of normal work hours.
- Perform other additional assignments as requested by Chair or other administration.
Minimum Position Requirements (including years of experience, certifications, licenses, etc.):
- An earned Ed.D. or Ph.D. in English Education or Curriculum and Instruction with an emphasis in English from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 2 academic years of successful teaching experience in an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3 years public school teaching experience in a 6-12 setting is required.
- Evidence of scholarly activity; and proficiency in the use of technology and the online environment.
- Preference will be give to candidates who are able to articulation an active grant writing and research agenda and demonstrate significant contribution in the field of Secondary Education.
- Experience teaching online or blended formats.
- Demonstrate commitment to support diversity and inclusiveness.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching at the university level
- Evidence of scholarly productivity in the form of peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate skills of teaching blended or online classes
- Ability to contribute to academic program development