Essential DutiesThe Chair and Faculty member for the Department of Educator Preparation is the leader in preparing candidates to become competent and committed beginning professional educators. The Chair must be able to articulate the purposes, goals and mission of the Department while effectively collaborating with faculty as a team; promoting faculty professional growth; and ensuring the quality of the Educator Preparation Department, services, faculty and staff. The Chair is expected to utilize best practices that lead to evidence that students have mastered the knowledge, skills, and dispositions essential for the profession and required by the State Board for Educator Certification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and vision to the Educator Preparation Department
- Teach two to three courses within the discipline.
- Work with education faculty to create an academic, cultural, and physical environment conducive to scholarship, intellectual vitality, and learning; and establish and nurture a supportive diverse work environment.
- Promote the Vision, Mission and Core Values of the University through the activities and programs of the Educator Preparation Department
- Engage in on-going program review and assessment in support of student, faculty, curriculum and program development.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. required, with teaching experience both at the K-12 and college levels.
- Knowledge of and experience with Teacher Certification tests
- Established record of superior university teaching, exemplary scholarship, and distinguished university, professional, and community/public service.
- Administrative leadership, vision, and experience in a diverse academic environment characterized by collegial management, mentorship, inclusive decision-making, and effective communication skills.
- Ability to create and nurture a supportive environment that utilizes transparent processes to foster intellectual vitality, creativity, student learning, and outstanding teaching, research, and community/public service.
- Commitment to affirmative action, social justice, and diversity in all its forms; experience in promoting the learning opportunities offered by a diverse community.
- Ability to effectively represent the Educator Preparation Department in State meetings while working in collaboration with the University community.
Position Type: Faculty
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Duration: Ongoing
Reports to: Provost
Open Until Filled: Yes