The Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology invites applications for a Clinical Assistant Professor (non-tenure track) position to join its faculty beginning either January or August 2019. Responsibilities of the clinical assistant professor include teaching core courses across the master’s curriculum; advising students; participating in program development; and serving on department, college, and university committees. The department offers masters’ level programs in clinical mental health counseling; marriage, couple, and family counseling; school counseling; addictions counseling; and a doctoral program in counselor education. All programs are CACREP-accredited.
1. A doctorate in counselor education
2. At least two years of work experience in one of the counseling specialty areas offered by the department,
3. Professional counselor licensure or eligibility for such prior to appointment,
4. Experience teaching in graduate counselor education programs, and
5. An established professional counselor educator identity as evidenced through professional memberships and service activities.
1. A doctorate in counselor education from a CACREP-accredited program
2. Experience and/or willingness to teach in a variety of formats to include classroom, hybrid, and online courses;
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community;
4. Evidence of scholarship through scholarly publications and/or presentations at professional counseling conferences;
5. Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues across the department, college, and university; and
6. Expertise in addictions or school counseling.
To be considered for the position, all required documents requested must be submitted.
TO APPLY: http://hr.tamucc.edu/Job_Opportunities/
A completed application will include:
1. A letter of application addressing qualifications listed,
2. A curriculum vitae,
3. A statement of the applicant’s teaching philosophy,
4. Copies of teaching evaluations, and
5. Contact information for five professional references including name, address, title, telephone number, and e mail address.
A review of completed applications will begin immediately and continue until a finalist has been selected.
Please direct any inquiries to Rachel Perez, administrative assistant, Texas A&M University Corpus Christi, College of Education, 6300 Ocean Drive Unit 5834, Corpus Christi, Texas 78412; Phone: (361) 825-3393, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.