- Teaching graduate and undergraduate courses (both face-to-face and in online formats) in areas such as literacy, reading, language arts, children’s literature, and young adult literature for elementary and secondary schools.
- Conducting scholarly activities emphasizing research and publication.
- Supervising graduate and undergraduate students in clinical and public schools.
- Advising master’s projects, theses, and doctoral dissertations.
- Maintaining collegial relationships with others.
- Providing leadership in reading/writing curriculum projects.
- Service to the university, the profession and local communities.
1. Candidates must have an earned doctorate in Reading/Language Arts Education. Exceptional ABD candidates considered if doctorate will be awarded by May 2018.
2. Minimum three years of public school teaching experience.
3. A demonstrated record of effective teaching, research, scholarly publications, and grant writing or a clear potential for success in these areas is required.
4. Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
Desired: Preference will be given for strong proficiency in teaching reading, writing, children’s literature, and young adult literature and the ability to work in both clinical and public school settings.
Notes to Applicant:
Full-time position with benefits. Background check is required. You must pass a criminal history record check before an offer will be made. Salary is competitive and commensurate with previous experience. To apply, please complete the online application and attach a letter of interest and curriculum vita. Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The University of Houston-Clear Lake is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, supporting workforce diversity.