Lourdes University, a private institution of higher education offering bachelor and graduate degrees in the liberal arts and professional studies, invites applicants for the position of Coordinator of Teacher Education Programs. This is a full-time, eleven month, exempt position which will be located on the campus of Tiffin University.
The Coordinator of Teacher Education at Tiffin University is a staff member who works with the Dean of the College of Education and Human Services, Lourdes University, the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences and Academic Support Programs, Tiffin University, and the Lourdes University Adolescent to Young Adult Program Director in providing academic and administrative leadership to the education program at Tiffin University. The coordinator is responsible for the effective functioning of the program as well as the implementation of the College of Education policies. The position of coordinator is a joint appointment of the Provost, Lourdes University, and the Vice President for Academic Affairs, Tiffin University.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports and promotes the integration of the Lourdes University Mission and the Tiffin University Mission within the education program.
- Teaches two education courses each semester, fall and spring.
- Provides ongoing communication with faculty, staff, students, and administration at each university by regularly attending the faculty meetings of the Tiffin University School of Arts and Sciences and the Lourdes University College of Education.
- Collaborates with the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences at Tiffin University and the Lourdes University Adolescent to Young Adult Program Director to align the programs at Lourdes University with the programs at Tiffin University.
- Collaborates with the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences at Tiffin University and the Lourdes University
- Adolescent to Young Adult Program Director to schedule courses at Tiffin University.
- Assures academic integrity of program offerings.
- Monitors candidate compliance with the assessment gates.
- Analyzes appropriate assessment data and other information (e.g. faculty course reports, student course evaluation, etc) to enhance student success in courses and programs.
- Collects and compiles assessment data as defined by the assessment protocol plan.
- Advises students in education courses.
- Coordinates field placements with area schools.
- Solicits potential interested school sites and cooperating teachers.
- Responsible for training the cooperating teachers.
- Collects feedback about the experience from teacher candidates and cooperating teachers.
- Provides data in assessing the quality of the experiences.
- Keeps accurate records of all forms related to the field experiences.
- Requests that payment be made to the field experience teacher.
- Sends each cooperating teacher a verification form proving he/she mentored a field experience student.
- Participates in student recruitment; and supports advising, retention and enrollment management processes.
- Assists in mediation and resolution of student issues to assure due diligence and fundamental fairness.
- Assists the Lourdes University Adolescent to Young Adult Program Director in finding qualified adjuncts to teach in the education program at Tiffin University.
- Carries out assignments and other responsibilities assigned by the Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences at Tiffin University, the Dean of the College of Education and Human Services, and the Lourdes University Adolescent to Young Adult Program Director.
- Masters Degree in education required.
- K-12 teaching experience.
- Successful higher education experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with the greater area Tiffin schools.
- Exhibits exemplary communication skills both written and oral.
- Possesses highly developed organizational skills and a strong work ethic.
- Computer competence using MS Office applications required and SCT Banner preferred.
To apply, candidates should send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references (all in MS Word or pdf format only) to email@example.com