RESPONSIBILITIES: The successful candidate will be responsible for 1) delivering quality instruction in education courses for undergraduate and graduate programs 2) supervising undergraduate student teacher candidates, 3) advising undergraduate and graduate education candidates, 4) pursuing a focused area of research and scholarship that culminates in publications, professional presentations, and submission of grant proposals, 5) holding active membership in relevant professional associations/organizations, and 6) serving on committees and participating in official activities at the department, college, and university levels.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates should have an earned doctorate in Curriculum and Instruction, or a related field from an NCATE/CAEP accredited institution and a minimum of three years of public school teaching experience. Candidates who are ABD will be considered. Minimum qualification is possession of a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction, or a related field from an NCATE/CAEP accredited institution and a minimum of three years of public school teaching experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, service, and professional development
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience teaching using a variety of instructional technology (internet, instructional software, blackboard)
- Ability to teach in traditional and non-traditional formats and settings (off-campus, weekends, online, and/or WebEx)
- Ability to engage in student recruitment and program advising
- Experience teaching at the college level
- Experience coordinating and delivering effective professional development
- Successful grant writing experience or other experience related to seeking external funding
- Successful experience in accreditation report writing
- Advanced information and communication technology skills related to productivity and instruction, including Windows and/or OS X, and mobile devices (iOS and/or Android)
- Experience with Chalk and Wire or other ePortfolio system and/or related educational assessment systems
East Central University