Department: 2320|Tchr Ed Curriculum & Instruc
Seeking candidates with a robust academic record, who will be active educators in their fields, serve as mentor to students, work with colleagues to assess and improve curricula, conduct research and/or creative works in respective area of specialization, and demonstrate institutional citizenship through active engagement at the department, college, university, community, and professional levels. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses related to secondary education content literacy. Course load might also include graduate courses in an additional area of expertise. Additional duties include: advising students, supervising student teachers, engaging in scholarly activities and other professional activities as deemed necessary by the department, college or university.
- Successful candidates must be committed to working effectively with diverse student populations.
- Applicants are expected to describe their commitment to fostering a diverse educational environment through their research, teaching, and/or service activities.
- Candidates must have earned a terminal degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in curriculum & instruction or a related field with an emphasis in Literacy Education, Secondary Education, English Education or a related field (ABD in appropriate field will be considered).
- Candidates must have at least three years K-12 classroom experience as a certified teacher.
- Experience teaching pre-service teachers at the undergraduate level is desirable.
- Candidates should have or show potential to engage in scholarly inquiry (publications, externally funded projects, etc.), and actively participate in premiere professional organizations (i.e. AERA).
Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- taught content literacy courses at the undergraduate level for prospective secondary teachers or
- led or contributed to NCATE/CAEP or SPA accreditation reports.
To apply: Attach cover letter and vitae. Supply contact information for three references.
Job Ad# (req226)