Department: 2320|Tchr Ed Curriculum & Instruc
Seeking candidate with a robust academic record, who will be active educators in their fields, serve as a mentor to students, work with colleagues to assess and improve curricula, conduct research in respective area of specialization, and demonstrate institutional citizenship through active engagement at the department, college, university community and professional levels. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching undergraduate and graduate courses related to elementary and middle school (classroom management, assessment, elementary or middle school methods). Additional duties might include supervising student teachers, engaging in scholarly activities and other professional activities as deemed necessary by the department, college or university.
- Successful candidate must be committed to working effectively with diverse student populations. Applicants are expected to describe their commitment to fostering a diverse educational environment through their research, teaching and/or service activities.
- Candidates must have earned a terminal degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.) in curriculum & instruction, Elementary Education or a related field (ABD in appropriate field will be considered). Candidates must have at least three years K-12 classroom experience as a certified teacher.
- Experience teaching pre-service teachers at the undergraduate level is desirable. Candidates should have or show potential to engage in scholarly inquiry (publications, externally funded project, etc.), and actively participate in premiere professional organizations (i.e. AERA).
Preference will be given to candidate who have
- taught or co-taught methods courses at the undergraduate level for prospective K-3rd grade teachers or prospective 1st-5th grade teachers;
- specialized expertise in gifted education via coursework and/or as a practitioner;
- served in an instructional leadership capacity during his/her K-2 teaching career or taught graduate course related to instructional or curriculum leadership;
- have taught online or hybrid courses (or willing to engage in formal training to teach online or hybrid courses).
To apply: Attach a cover letter, vitae, and Supply contact information for three references.
Job Ad# (req225)