$68,027.00 – $74,829.00
Spring Creek Campus – Plano, TX 75074 US (Primary)
Essential Job Functions
Coordinate and enhance district-level Developmental Education student success by developing and managing strategies as well as ensuring compliance with State of Texas Developmental Education and other related mandates.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Function as the main point of contact and district-wide coordinator of all academic, advising, and scheduling issues related to Developmental Education (DE), ensuring compliance with all state requirements for DE courses, programs, and support services.
- Collaborating with deans and associate deans develop and manage a comprehensive DE plan for the district including initiatives within K-12 by facilitating the DE student progress and coordinating the availability of various student support services for them.
- Initiates and coordinates the ongoing review of DE curriculum in consultation and collaboration with appropriate faculty and district leadership including maintaining a working relationship with faculty discipline leads for Developmental Math, INRW, and ESL for the purpose of developing curriculum and ensuring a strong and consistent communication channel.
- Coordinate efforts to re-design, implement, and review Collin College’s response to all state-mandated DE initiatives relating to curriculum and non-course-based interventions.
- Coordinate the establishment and support of standing committees that represent credit and DE faculty in order to address ongoing curriculum revisions.
- Work with Student Services leadership to coordinate the implementation of improved DE student advising strategies to ensure maximum student enrollment for FTIC and returning DE student population addressing critical need to improve advising contact and student experience for students with Mandatory Advising hold.
- Coordinate with Student Services to ensure that the needs of DE students are addressed in student orientation events and orientation information.
- Attend and maintain regular contact with THECB sponsored events and continuing education opportunities.
- Work with Career Service Centers and Career Coaches to develop opportunities for DE students to receive career planning information in their first semester of matriculation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintains all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of post secondary developmental education needs and challenges
- Knowledge and expertise in Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board policies and procedures regarding Developmental Education
- Knowledge of best practices in developmental education student success
- Communication – written and oral
- Team building and coordination skills
- Computer and data analysis skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders (e.g. student services professionals, faculty and governmental agencies)
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to persuade
- Ability to coordinate and run meetings
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Sedentary Work – Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, a negligible amount of force frequently, and/or constantly having to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting.
- Relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards. Office environment.
- Occasional physical effort required
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Master’s degree in a related field from a regionally accredited institution required
Three (3) years related work experience in a community college setting with developmental education experience preferable. In lieu of community college experience, any higher education experience with developmental education may be considered.
**This position is Security Sensitive, therefore, candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.**