Buena Vista University has an opening for a director of Curriculum & Instruction and Special Education masters programs. We invite applications for a full-time, tenure track faculty position. The successful candidate will lead as program director and teach in one or both of the programs.
- Oversee program development, evaluation, and continuous improvement
- Participate in recruitment efforts
- Hire, supervise, mentor, and evaluate program faculty
- Develop course schedule and assign faculty
- Teach graduate-level courses
- Advise students, including placing students for field experience as required by program guidelines
- Manage budget
- Collaborate with school and university administration, and other directors
- Engage in continued scholarship and contributions to the field
Required Experience & Education
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in a related field
- Combined 10 years of experience in higher education and professional practice, preferably including leadership experience
- A record of professional contributions and service
- Demonstrated support for the university’s mission
- Understanding of adult learners
- Exemplary teaching and flexibility regarding instructional modes
- Integration of instructional technology
- Disciplinary knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively
- Professional communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including problem solving and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage confidential and sensitive information
Review of complete application will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. This position will begin August 2017. Please submit letter of application addressing qualifications and required skills, curriculum vitae, a copy of unofficial transcripts, and three letters of recommendation, electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org or Melissa Butcher, Human Resources Director, Buena Vista University, 610 West Fourth Street, Storm Lake, IA, 50588.
Buena Vista University’s main 60-acre campus is situated on the shores of beautiful Storm Lake, a 3,200-acre natural lake located in northwest Iowa. Storm Lake is one of Iowa’s most diverse communities. It is one of Iowa’s premier vacation spots, with an array of retail shopping and dining opportunities, and a vibrant arts and cultural environment. Businesses of various sizes ranging from small businesses to multinational corporations thrive in this northwest Iowa city. Storm Lake residents enjoy a relatively low cost of living and a high quality of life.
This position is not eligible for an employer-sponsored visa; and, all applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. A background check will be conducted on the final candidate.
Buena Vista University is an Equal Opportunity/American with disabilities Act/Smoke-Free Employer.